All About YOGA
What Is Yoga?
Yoga is one of the Mental, Physical and Spiritual practice that is oriented from India. Yoga includes breath control, simple meditation and the adaptation of specific body postures which are practiced for Health and Relaxation.
Origin of YOGA:
Types of YOGA
- Hatha yoga
- Iyengar yoga
- Kundalini yoga
- Ashtanga yoga
- Vinyasa yoga
- Bikram yoga
- Hot Yoga
- Kripalu yoga
- Jivamukti Yoga
- Yin yoga
- Restorative yoga
- Prenatal yoga
- Anusara yoga
- Bizarre yoga trends
Why you should try Yoga
We have both Physical and mental benefits of Yoga.
Let’s begin with Physical Benefits of Yoga:
1. Flexibility and balance: First and obvious benefit of yoga is, it Improves the flexibility of the body. It helps to reduce the stiffness in our body parts, like hip, shoulder, legs, etc. 20-30 min of yoga practice every day gives you best results in performing balance yoga poses, which needs both physical and mental focus as well.
2. Weight loss and Builds Muscle strength: Yes, if you follow yoga sequence regularly that is defiantly going to help to reduce your body weight and strengthen your muscles.
3. Could Improve Heart Health: Your pumping heart supplies blood to the whole body. Studies say doing yoga helps to regulate the blood flow in your body. This helps to regulate your blood pressure and reduces the risk of a heart attack.
4. Improves Sleep quality: Yoga helps you to reduce your physical and mental stress. Makes you feel relax and helps you to get a good sleep of sufficient time. Poor sleep quality is mostly due to obesity, high blood pressure, depression, and many other reasons.
5. Boosts your immune system functionality: Yoga asana and Pranayama together helps to boost your immune system. Meditation also plays a role in it.
6. Improves your digestive system problems: Yoga helps to come over the problems like constipation, ulcer, bloating stomach. All these problems are mostly because of stress, meditation helps in reducing it and exercise in yoga can help to physically to come over it.
7. May Reduce Inflammation: With the practice of yoga as you become strong and positive it helps you to reduce your inflammation gradually. The way we boost our immune system with the regular practice of yoga, the chronic inflammation gets reduced. Off-course medication is also a part of recovery.
And the Mental Benefits of Yoga:
Consistent yoga practice helps you to Reduce stress, Fight with Depression, gives you a positive attitude, provides peace of mind, helps you to calm down the mind and sort out your work. Yoga, pranayama, and meditation the combination of three is very helpful in both personal and professional life.
Things you need to practice Yoga:
Time: You can practice yoga any time in the day. You just need to do the practice for 30-45 min in a day. Make sure you do not take any heavy meal 1-2 hrs before yoga. However, the best time would be early in the morning. You can practice yoga twice a day also in the morning and in the evening as well. Studies say, if you do the practice of anything consistently for 45 days, it becomes your life long habit. And you can take out time from your busy schedule for your body just for 30-45 min.
Place: A quiet, pleasant and comfortable place. A place where you will not get disturbed or distracted. If possible the place where you get fresh air and a natural view. A place that is comfortable for you is the best. It may be at home, at the gym or the yoga studio.
And other things: Comfortable outfit in which you can breathe. Yoga Mat on which you can do yoga, which you should keep clean considering the hygiene. Small towel, water bottle. Last but not least, your will power to do yoga regularly.
Best YOGA schools in India: